Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Good.. the Bugs.. and the Ugly!

I finished the picnic quilt!!! I'm so excited and I love how it turned out.

First the Good... I got the measurements and pattern from one of my favorite books that I have mentioned before - Material Obsession. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this book. So many great patterns and ideas.

And now the Bugs.. I was on a hunt for bug fabrics all across the Valley of the Sun - that is where my recent Shop Hop came in handy. All the squares are fat quarters trimmed to 18 inches. Since this quilt will spend most of it's time on the ground - I didn't want to spend alot of $ on the backing. So I purchased the sashing and the back from JoAnn's with my 50% off coupon (gotta love the coupons).

I got a little wild with the back - I wanted to add something fun. My tree looked better in my head.. but I still think it's cute. Can you tell that's a swing?? lol.


And the Ugly... My husbands skinny little ankles sticking out from the bottom of the quilt. Hilarious!!.. We had a good laugh at those - they look like they belong to one of the kids.

We are heading to the park today for a picnic - we will break the quilt in with some grass stains. Meet us there at about noon - bring a bucket of chicken will ya!? Pin It

2 comments:

Krystal said...

So cute!

Ya, I would have thought it was a kid if you hadnt had said it was your hubby!

To funny!

Kelli said...

I'm Kelli and I just found your blog from you winning over at Miller Racing Family. I LOVE your quilts and the bags that you make. My dream is to learn to sew. I love quilts.