Friday, March 29, 2013

Playing Catch Up

So as I have mentioned before, I am doing the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Designer Block of the Month. This is my first Block of the Month and I love it!!!

Today between transporting kids, taking my car to the shop and picking up dinner (yes, takeout saved the night), I managed to catch up on some of my blocks. This is what I have complete so far....


These are the 3 that I put together today. To be fair.. I had them all cut out already. Saves so much time!!



And tonight I will be finishing the 10th block below.. She's all cut and waiting for me. My youngest son has a friend sleeping over.. so hopefully they won't want anything to do with me.



I will definitely be joining the next Mystery Designer Block of the Month which begins in June! I love the fabrics for next year too!! The fabrics will be from the Avalon collection by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda Fabrics. This next one is described by the Fat Quarter Shop as a spectacular row quilt filled with basket blocks, star blocks, house blocks and flower blocks.

I'm not huge on Applique.. but then I kept reading and it says "Each block finishes at 12" and will be an easy to intermediate pieced block (no templates, applique or paper piecing).".. SOLD!!!!

Click picture to go to Fat Quarter Shop!!




How about you? Are you sewing tonight? Are you in the Mystery Designer Block of the Month Club?? Talk to me.
Pin It

11 comments:

Valspierssews said...

I am not usually into very pieced blocks but these ones are all quite interesting. The 9 you have look great together.

Shirley said...

These are great loving your fabric choices.

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

So pretty!

Needled Mom said...

Those look awesome!

Christine M said...

Your blocks are looking great Heidi. I've signed up for the 2013 BOM and can't wait!

Michelle said...

I'm not much good at piecing but it just makes me want to go practice when I see such wonderful blocks.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Hiya Heidi! I am down in New Zealand and I am doing the same BOM - have just today completed block ten; I have had a very busy few weeks recently (mind you it is always busy when teaching) so it was nice to be able to spend an hour or two sewing away today! Enjoy your Easter! Have posted my latest block here: http://jenscraftwork.blogspot.co.nz/

Climbing to the Higher Calling said...

Love this color combination! Beautiful blocks!

kayerj said...

I love it!

Carolina said...

Awesome job! I love these blocks, and the fabric! Can't wait to see it when you have it all put together!

Chuyên trang đi Mỹ said...

Khám phá Đài tưởng niệm FDNY New York Mỹ
Du lịch và khám phá Times Square New York
Du lịch đến những điểm đến đầy tự hào USA
2 lễ hội khinh khí cầu ngoạn mục USA Mỹ
Vé máy bay United đi Richmond giá rẻ
Du lịch Yosemite Village Mỹ
Tản mạn du lịch khám phá Grand Central tráng lệ
Vé máy bay đi Mỹ hạng thương gia
Trải nghiệm 3 sự kiện khinh khí cầu có một không hai ở Mỹ
VÉ MÁY BAY ĐI ANCHORAGE - ALASKA GIÁ RẺ